Thursday, July 06, 2006

Week 1: Episode #1 . . .Is the Online really OUR Reality...

I am dying. I have only watched parts 1 and 2...And I am totally re-addicted. Not fair!

My impressions thus far:

Chris comes off very well here I think; this should help him if he does in fact falter in the performance show (????).

Love Jill, though she may suffer from the big voice from a itty bitty chica thing that Jessica did...hope not.

I think Ryan is trying to pull a 'JD' strategy, and it is NOT HOT! And in the eyes of SN dudes, SOOOOO not working. Of course maybe this all changes by parts 3& 4????? Word to what you said X...you MUST wait until you prove yourself to be able to pull off that kind of attitude...anyway, just NOT feeling him right now; seems a bit of a poseur to me, but YMMV.

*LOVE* Lukas...'I am here to win'...**GAME ON! BABY** ...Lazy??? whatever dude, lol.

eta...Which one was the guy that just hummmed and hollered the whole thing?...loved him too...was that Phil??? Will definitely need to rewatch.

eta again...Did y'all catch the New Sensation(I think Cheryl did) theme music... cha-ching for our BINXS namely Andrew I guess--combine that with the Bally's Fitness deal; nice to have a bit of old to bring in the new Rockstar...Have I mentioned, I *love* this show! Sigh...




On sex appeal versus last years batch:

I think though, it would be difficult to pull off this year...I mean they are put up against, in this arena, the SN dudes; that with all due respect to our beloved BINXS, the SN dudes just ooze SEX, and I mean, by the boatload. While I have come to appreciate the hotness of Our Band, but the hotness that the SN dudes bring, whether they are to my taste or not, is off the charts. As such, I think it is hard for the hamsters to add to that particular component. I think they will have to bring bravado and attitude along with their talent; and suck you into the their fold before we can truly read their hotness meter. Being pretty/cute, this year is simply NOT enough. This year, they will have to BRING it, BIG TIME. I think in this first reality ep, first half, lol, a couple of them did(bring it), a couple, clearly DID NOT. I am interested to see what the trend of opinion is after say wk 2 or 3.


See, they, the *SN dudes*(that is what I'm calling them for the summer, lol) are not really my type, and not what I, personally, would call hot. But what I mean, is more of an attitude of hotness...That is something I think JD had/has, and is developing even more so, shudder, lol. JD is not someone I would normally find hot either, quell *shock*.

In my opinion, YMMV and all of that, the bits, the previews and the Reality ep, along with previous exposure to these guys, well, bringing the hot, was their job in a way. It was/is part of the package, lol. I don't think any of the rockers thus far has tapped into this; though I'm not sure we would have thought any of the hamsters from last season had either at this point...I would put this week as parallel to the 1st ep of RS, remember, manic, hair fucking, kumbaya, thank god I didn't get kicked off JD? He was cute, but I was not feeling the *hot* come off of him at that point yet. He was leaving me cross eyed, as in 'huh???'.


...this little ditty originally posted by myself over at Rockband.com

No comments: