Thursday, July 13, 2006

Week 2: Episode #6 Fluffy comes and Fluffy goes...

That said, I've been mulling over my predictions for tonight based on all the great spoilerage...and here are my thoughts...In addition to my not believing Phil is 'surprising' enough to be the 4th rocker at risk...I think Jill and Chris remain in the bottom. I think one of them will be the one that goes. I really don't know who the 4 person is, but I have a feeling they actually made the b3, and some folks will not be happy... I would be shocked if this faceless person is the one that actually gets eliminated. And, I don't think any of them would re-sing something they already had...that would be...weird, to me...other than that, I have no concrete thoughts, and will likely allow my westcoast self to be spoiled as the East coast brings home the goods...I am not patient!I also really hope Toby gets the encore...if not him, I believe it will be Lukas, based on the buzz. I don't see Dilana getting a 2nd go at it already.




I am ok with how tonight went...Kinda had an odd inkling it may be Chris' time...Though, I am not sure, either this week, or last, if the elimination performance was really the deciding factor, but rather the accumulation of observations by the SNers... As such, I kind of think the SNers know who, once the B3 are announced, who they will likely be sending home. Of course I really don't know, I am just supposing.Also, it isn't too much of a stretch to understand that Chris hit B3 x 2 right off the bat... so this can't be that shocking, his elimination. This and that said...I have to say, even though I am more or less on the Zikes! is Yikes! mindset...I have to say, I am kinda getting the Z... She is an odd duck yes... her voice often grates, yes... but she puts it ALL out there. I'm not sure all the rockers are getting that they have to do this EACH AND EVERY time... put up or go home and whatnot.I don't think anyone did badly tonight. I think they all sang for their lives, and for that, I respect all of them.Can't say I am feeling overly snarky towards any of them right now...Oh, I know, did you see the stone cold face on Z when Jill was kicking the shit out of her former song...Zikes! Not good! Jill is singing the shit out of my song...this sucks, what the hell...lol...just my thoughts on Z's thoughts...Also, notice the Charmer had some new shadow...nice. And Toby...babe, seriously, you are not only hot and sound great, you're brilliantly clear thinking...good on ya' mate! And Cheers to you too, *smooch* (notice at the end of his encore, he says 'cheers' *waves* to audience...cracks my shit up, because it is such a contrast from the performance, lol)Sigh...is it next week yet!?!??! I need more crack...this weekly shit is really buggin'....eta...really glad there is much love for the noodle here, aka dirtyPhil... yes, I agree, I want to see Phil hang in there...



I think it is funny...all of the sudden a bunch of us just figured out what planet Z is on/from, we get her...myself included... yet, we all clarify, but we don't actually like her or think she can sing, etc... hmmmm... Well I think the light switch that was already partially on for me before last night, but that clicked fully on to illuminate Z for me last night, is that she is just freaking different. I've said she is an odd duck and she is. In my opinion, she is wildly entertaining. She has that something...it is hard to get in the format we are viewing her through, because I think as some have said, I am pretty sure this is not her wheel house, straight ahead rock... The most admirable qualities of Z are here apparent fearlessness and kick ass attitude. Hey she should be pissed that someone showed her up on one of her former songs...and what did she do...she followed it up w/a balls to the wall take that show of her own. So regardless of my own taste, I now have a huge amount of respect for this chick. Go Z!And I also respect Lukas, though he's not my fave, I understand he IS a frontrunner here...he has I think a good backbone and a true sense of who he is. I am fine with him not wanting to change. Toby's point, I hope the others, though, don't get their backs up and refuse to listen, because honestly, alot of them, need some help. Can you tell I am liking Toby? I think he has a smart little suicide blonde head on his shoulders...


I don't think Z is good because she is weird...that would be warped logic, I agree. I think she is interesting. I don't think she should or would win. I don't think she is a great singer. I do think she has a 'style' that I do now, kinda get. YMMV and all that...some do , some don't, that is ok.As to Chris, I support that he tries. I will even say he is talented. I do think he overestimates his own skills, or at least he presented it that way. I am most struck, that Chris impressed me that first reality ep, in the studio, and then failed to show me anything but either meh, or yikes type of performances and rehearsals. I have listened to some of his stuff from prior to SN, and while I kind of like it, I don't think he has it to go head to head with the leaders in this bunch. Was he better than Z last night? Maybe. But he wasn't going to be right for SN, IMO. In the long run, I think his overall run here for 2weeks, was all he was going to get, as he was hitting bottom for the second time. So I am sad my little Fluffy has to go(I kinda like the curls, even if I do snark on them), but I think it was his time, and is for the best.


I think it is interesting the reactions folks are having this week v last week... some are just as upset/feel wronged, others are, well, feeling better late than never... I am rather meh, shrugged shoulders and all at this point.My opinion, and it is only that, is that SNers should have seriously considered a double elim last week...it would have really kicked off the show w/a bang. I find it telling that Chris went this week. Likely that maybe, he should have gone last week. More so, I think last week they were trying to prove a point: song selection v. SN... This week, I think we do see them playing to the obvious, second time, and you're done. It will be interesting to see if any others survive repeat visits to the B3 or if these dudes only give second chances not thirds. For instance, will a return trip to the B3 guarantee Z's ousting? I agree that SN is a different animal than the BINXS, and they are susceptible to mass opinion, especially if it makes their job easier. We will see how much of it they take in as the competition progresses and the rockers get whittled down. Will the masses and SN ever find themselves at odds? stay tuned...



I agree with alot of what you said re: entertainment and the 'choice' between Chris and Z...Pressed, I am not sure who I would have chosen. I would have likely done a double last week, and if that had happened I might have axed Z this week. Or if Jenny had been there, maybe her...because, she is NOT memorable to me, and as such, can go anytime. I know I should be nicer about these talented folks, but everyone gets to go sometime, and some of these folks are just not up to this job. Whether they were chosen as a contender or to round out the cast, I don't really care. I do believe the compettition is a little broader than the 3 you pick out, but believe if I had to pick just 3 right at this moment, they would probably be the same, so go figure. I for one, do enjoy this show for the entertainment. For me, there are definitely serveral folks that bore me that can go at any time...The final 6 or 7 is where I think things start truly getting interesting from a 'competition' standpoint. I hope the folks I am interested in are there for it.



It's funny, all the critiques leveled against the little guy, Lukas, are so much about pronunciation and whatnot. Honestly, this is not the thing I have issue with him for... Go figure. Nor is it attitude--I really like his in it to win it and nothing else, vibe. I just don't get what everyone is 'LOVING' him for...I mean I get it, I am just not feeling it... does that make sense? I don't get the stage presence. I don't get the hotness. I don't get the 'that was the greatest performance ever' vibe from him, this week anyway. I did appreciate in this elimination ep, his way of answering and dealing with the questions. I do respect him, and I do acknowledge that he is one of the front runners right now. I did find the new eyeshadow color a nice departure as well...See I like to snark and love on him... I am just not 'there' yet. Honestly, I wasn't there for JD until about half way through last year, either...though I did feel his earlier performances. I hope I really start to 'get' one of these cats soon. My wild pick was Dilana, and whether she will or won't hang in there remains to be seen. I am 100% there for who brings it for me, and holds me there. I have no favorites. I can be swayed by the best one there I think. This week, I really thought it was Toby, and I am glad he got the encore.


No comments: