Sunday, July 16, 2006

Week 3: Episode 7...Throw Down, rockstar style...

love, love, love this epi...

Really glad they had a clinic finally! Vocal training and tips...good one...

I think Lukas is holding out some of this 'vocal chops' as it were...me thinks this boy has something up his sleeve... I actually like the stuff he was having HB do in regards to rearranging...good thing he has a strong backbone, or I have a feeling Paul and Co might talk him out of it...

Love Magni...nice voice!

And I'm glad the rockers have gotten passionate about song selection...but they need to come up w/some sort of system, ala last year...then a few can duke it out or Z is right, someones going to be throwing punches next week...

Speaking of Z, am interested to see if she pulls off whatever the hell she is doing to that REM song...errr! Have y'all counted the BToS during her rehearsal!!??! lol...

I am interested to hear what Josh does w/CAYA...there was a high bar set last year, well and a low bar as it were...he better be towards the higher end or I will just have to keep complimenting his skin...

Jill needs an attitude adjustment...

I actually admired Patrice...but she should have just told Jill, yeah, it's my song, go suck it...it would have seemed more genuine that way...and JIll whined anyway, so it really would not have made a difference...

Storm looks like one of the most mature folks in the house...guess maybe her years have a hand in this...

Lukas has balls letting himself get stuck w/the last song standing...I think it was the right thing for him to do this time though...

Funny, it looked like Toby wanted to be all organized, and noone else was on board...or maybe only half the lot...Josh really set the precedent...again, they really need to come up w/a system...

Anyway, I really felt this episode like these folks are finally there to bring it...can't wait to hear how it all plays out...


on the whispered asides during clinic...lol...editors dream though...make chicks seem bitchy!

Didn't Ryan use air quotes on the friends!?!?? lol...or did I insert them...anyway, I thinks he gets it...

and rewatching, it is so freaking clear they (MBP) are trying to milk the Lukas is controversial stuff, yet he seems well liked in the house...the ones that actually come off bad are the folks whining/bitching about it...last week it was Jenny, this week Jill...

Also, loved how the guys were all out chilling while the chicks were having a throw down in side (Jill/Patrice)...and Phil got the song about being stoned or some such, lol...hmmmmm...he already looks stoned, aka noodly, not sure how that will work out...


I noticed Lukas mentioned there were things about his voice he was not ready to reveal yet...not sure what his deal is, but I have a feeling he knows exactly how to use it...note, I am not on the Rawr train--lol... that said, I think he didn't realize some of what he does do with it may be damaging... in the end I guess we will figure it out, as I am sure Lukas will be around pretty much till the end-ish...



if I remember correctly the folks last year used a numbering system and only had to haggle if 2 ended up w/1's on the same song...or they gave in... it was not perfect and there were some tiffs(remember the original fight over CAYA, apparently a popular song!)...

Anyway, not to make this about last year...but these folks NEED to work something likewise out. I AM glad they got a little down and dirty this week but this will not go over long term...though it would make for some good drama TV if they all got into fisticuffs over song selection, lol...



but I have made my advanced reservation, just in case, lol ;)

Mostly, I do acknowledge he is a top contender...at this point it seems it is his to lose, whatever I think of him. He gets the primary story line, he is what the internet is all a buzz about, he is the one folks are very passionate about liking or disliking...

I have never been dramatic...wasn't last year...liked Marty and JD almost the whole time, but didn't make up my mind until the half way point...

These reality eps are especially interesting because I think only the crack: obsessed are really watching them... them and the already standing fans of the artists... it is just interesting the little bits that MBP is letting through, how they are trying to mold the story line, yet it seems the true nature eeks out... I am not buying that Lukas is really that controversial in the house. I think a couple of folks that are feeling the most threatened might have a problem with him... can't say I blame them...they are reacting naturally if not very mature, IMO... YMMV and all that:)

I am really interested to hear how CAYA went over. I have not really felt Josh at all this season...and I understand why several people wanted that tune. Hope he pulls it off...it is definitly not one to pull out the soul and whatnot on...needs to rock it, be sensitive, but rock it...



mmm hmmm... The girls for the most part, save Storm, were shown to either be emotional, whiney, bitchy, confrontational, or lacking a backbone...not a good look chicas!!!

The boys were seen laid back and chillin, having a good time, and aggressive...

Now I'm sure MBP does their thing, but come on gals...own your behavior! I would be out by the pool too, after I grabbed my song, lol!

No comments: